Davenport PETPlus Test Instrument for Intrinsic Viscosity (IV) Measurement of PET
The Davenport PETPlus from Lloyd Instruments is a unique test instrument designed for the safe solvent-free intrinsic viscosity (IV) measurement of moisture-sensitive polyethylene terephthalate (PET). It can be operated in stand alone mode or used with our powerful data analysis software package NEXYGENPlus PET.
- Intrinsic Viscosity (IV): 0.43-1.43 depending on die selection
- Measurement Range: (Die must be specified at time of order. See table overleaf for suitable IV range: ‘Which die size to choose?’)
- Barrel: Insulated stainless steel barrel with replaceable stainless steel liner.
- Heaters: 3 x 250 watt cartridge type symmetrically positioned for optimum temperature control
- Temperature Range: 50°C - 400°C
- Temperature Control: PT100 with microprocessor-controlled solid state relay
- Over Temperature Device: Thermocouple with parallel backup solid state relay
- Nitrogen Gas: Requires a supply limited at source to min. 30 bar to max. 35 bar.
- Nitrogen Specification: 99.9% oxygen-free and <5ppm water
- Pressure Range and Control: 100 - 500 psi (6.8 - 30 bar), controlled by local nitrogen regulation valve fitted as standard
- Pressure Measurement: Microprocessor via pressure transducer
- Displacement Measurement: Probe movement with intelligent plug & play LVDT. Plug programmed with highly accurate calibration data
- Electrical Supply: 115V or 230Vac ±10% 50 - 60Hz (Must be specified at time of order)
- Net Weight: 30 kg