Accelerated Polishing Machine Impact AG139
The PSV test calculates a Polished Stone Value for aggregates used in road surfaces, and gives a measure of the resistance to skidding.
The test is carried out by using two machines, the Accelerated Polishing Machine, and the Skid Resistance Tester, (AG191). The Accelerated Polishing Machine polishes samples of aggregates, simulating actual road conditions.
Fourteen specimens are clamped around the 'road wheel' of the PSV machine, and subjected to two stages of polishing by a loaded rubber tyre. First by corn emery, and secondly by emery flour.
- Heavy welded steel mainframe, standing in adjustable pads.
- High alloy ground main spindle running in sealed ball bearings additionally protected by a labyrinth seal, spindle axially loaded to eliminate end play.
- Adjustable motor speed control with adjustable timing belt drive.
- Digital display preset timer and revolution counter.
- Specimens manufactured and easily removed from accurately machined moulds.
- Specimens located on 'Road Wheel' by rubber rings and held by simple side fixing.
- Tyred wheel easily removed for replacing tyres.
- Water gravity fed from high level tank through calibrated flow meter.
- Used abrasive and water collected in removable tray.
- Loaded tyre raised and lowered to the running surface by mechanical lifting device.
- Electrical supply protected by 'no volt' release.
- Feeder and control circuits 24 volt for safety.
- Protection by easily removed covers and guards.
- Safety switch to ensure removable safety covers are in place.
Warranty: 12 months